- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Ingredients for Cookie Batter:
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Ingredients for Filling:
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, the egg and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed. Stir in 1-1/2 cups flour, the baking soda and salt. Stir in 1-1/2 cups pecans.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup pecans. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter with fork until mixture is crumbly.
- 4. Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place 2 inches a part on cookie sheet. Slightly press into center. Fill each indentation with about 1 teaspoon of filling.
- 5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes, remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- 6. I drizzled mine with a little melted chocolate. YUM
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More