- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 3 cups cornflakes, coarsely crumbled
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Apple Mixture:
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 to 7 large cooking apples, peeled, cored & sliced (not too thin)
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- Squash Mixture:
- 6 cups fresh or frozen cubed butternut or other dry squash, boiled until tender )about 12 minutes)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Mix topping ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- 2. Prepare apples: heat 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in granulated sugar. Transfer to a glass or ceramic 9" x 13" baking dish, spreading apples evenly.
- 3. Prepare squash: in a bowl, mash cooked squash with 4 Tbsp. butter, the brown sugar and salt. Spread the squash evenly over the apples. Sprinkle with cornflake topping over the squash.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and crunchy.
- Serves 8.
- * from Goodhousekeeping's Quick & Simple magazine
Notesfrom Goodhousekeeping's Quick & Simple magazine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Recipes for Vitality
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More