- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 3 cups cornflakes, coarsely crumbled
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Apple Mixture:
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 to 7 large cooking apples, peeled, cored & sliced (not too thin)
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- Squash Mixture:
- 6 cups fresh or frozen cubed butternut or other dry squash, boiled until tender )about 12 minutes)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Mix topping ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- 2. Prepare apples: heat 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in granulated sugar. Transfer to a glass or ceramic 9" x 13" baking dish, spreading apples evenly.
- 3. Prepare squash: in a bowl, mash cooked squash with 4 Tbsp. butter, the brown sugar and salt. Spread the squash evenly over the apples. Sprinkle with cornflake topping over the squash.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and crunchy.
- Serves 8.
- * from Goodhousekeeping's Quick & Simple magazine
Notesfrom Goodhousekeeping's Quick & Simple magazine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More