Autumn Cinnamon Roll Cupcake
1 cup skim milk
1 7g package of dry active yeast
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup finely chopped apple (approximately one medium apple)
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water
1) Warm milk to about 100 degrees (should feel like a bath-tub water temperature)
2) In your mixing bowl, add the milk, yeast and honey. Dissolve and let sit for 5 minutes.
3) Add the salt and the all purpose flour and beat with a kneading with the dough hook for 2 minutes (remember the scrape down the sides occasionally).
4) Then, beat in the egg and butter.
5) Beat in the whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
6) Place the dough in a greased large bowl, cover and let it sit in a warm place for 40 minutes (or until doubled in size).
7) While the dough is rising, make the filling by mixing the sugar, brown sugar, pecans, raisins and apples, and set aside.
8) Roll the dough out to a 1/4″ thick rectangle.
9) Brush with the butter.
10) Spread the filling on the dough, leaving about an inch on each side.
11) Roll the dough onto itself from the long side, making a really long log.
12) Slice the dough into 12 even slices.
13) Line the cupcake tin with liners and place a slice in each.
14) Cover the cupcake tin with a towel and let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes.
15) Preheat oven to 350°.
16) Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
17) After cooled, mix up the icing. Feel free to use your best judgment in regards to the amount of water you add. Keep stirring it until it is the consistency you’d like