- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Autumn Fried Rice with Buffalo Nuts®, was created by Keyone Weathers.
- 1 ½ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- 3 cups white rice
- ½ cup red apples, diced
- ½ cup yellow squash, diced.
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Chicken stock or broth as needed
- In a large sauce or frying pan, add enough oil to coat the pan.
- Turn heat to medium high.
- Add onions and cook for 50 seconds.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture so it does not stick and add a very little amount of chicken stock if pan becomes too dry.
- Add carrots, squash, apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook for 20 seconds and add Buffalo Nuts®.
- Mix ingredients in pan and cook for additional 20-30 seconds. Add more chicken stock if needed.
- Add rice to the pan and pour the soy sauce on top; mix to combine.
- Once the soy sauce is absorbed into the rice, turn the heat to low. Serve and enjoy.