- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 ½ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- 3 cups white rice
- ½ cup red apples, diced
- ½ cup yellow squash, diced.
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Chicken stock or broth as needed
- In a large sauce or frying pan, add enough oil to coat the pan.
- Turn heat to medium high.
- Add onions and cook for 50 seconds.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture so it does not stick and add a very little amount of chicken stock if pan becomes too dry.
- Add carrots, squash, apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook for 20 seconds and add Buffalo Nuts®.
- Mix ingredients in pan and cook for additional 20-30 seconds. Add more chicken stock if needed.
- Add rice to the pan and pour the soy sauce on top; mix to combine.
- Once the soy sauce is absorbed into the rice, turn the heat to low. Serve and enjoy.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Autumn Fried Rice with Buffalo Nuts®, was created by Keyone Weathers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Naked Macaron
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More