- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®, separated
- 4 whole quail
- 2 small shallots, halved
- 4 small garlic cloves
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary, halved
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 & ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ shallot, minced
- 8 cups baby spinach, washed well
- White wine for deglazing
- Separate raisins from nuts and seeds in Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; stuff each quail with ½ shallot, one garlic clove, one orange wedge, one sprig of thyme, one sprig of rosemary.
- Rub quail with butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast quail for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add raisins from Diet Delight®, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, and rosemary; slowly simmer until it is thickened.
- Boil chicken stock; add quinoa and butternut squash.
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
- Toast nuts and seeds from Diet Delight® in butter with garlic and shallots. Sauté spinach with mixture, then deglaze pan with white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove quail from oven and rest for 2 minutes.
- Sauce plate; add bed of quinoa, top with spinach mixture, and quail.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Autumn Harvest Quail, was created by Allegra Grant.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Austin Personal Training Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More