- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 tb Cornstarch
- 6 Egg yolks, beaten
- 2 qt Basic chicken stock
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 1/2 c Long grain rice
- 1/2 Stick butter
- 1-2 T Chopped flat leafed parsley
- 1/2 tsp Grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 c Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest and minced parsley for garnish.
- Stir the milk and cornstarch together and beat in the egg yolks. Set aside.
- Bring the stock to boil in a 4 qt. soup pot and add the chicken breast and rice.
- Cook, covered, until the rice is puffy and tender, about 25 min.
- Remove the chicken, shred the meat and set aside.
- Remove the soup from heat. Temper, then slowly add milk and egg mixture, stirring carefully.
- Continue to cook and stir for a moment until all thickens.
- Remove from the heat again and add the butter, chopped parsley, and lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with zest and parsley.
NotesA rich lemon-chicken soup!
A gift form my friend Pam
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More