- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 tb Cornstarch
- 6 Egg yolks, beaten
- 2 qt Basic chicken stock
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 1/2 c Long grain rice
- 1/2 Stick butter
- 1-2 T Chopped flat leafed parsley
- 1/2 tsp Grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 c Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest and minced parsley for garnish.
- Stir the milk and cornstarch together and beat in the egg yolks. Set aside.
- Bring the stock to boil in a 4 qt. soup pot and add the chicken breast and rice.
- Cook, covered, until the rice is puffy and tender, about 25 min.
- Remove the chicken, shred the meat and set aside.
- Remove the soup from heat. Temper, then slowly add milk and egg mixture, stirring carefully.
- Continue to cook and stir for a moment until all thickens.
- Remove from the heat again and add the butter, chopped parsley, and lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with zest and parsley.
NotesA rich lemon-chicken soup!
A gift form my friend Pam
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Social CookbookSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More