- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a local avocado appetizer in Syria and Lebanon & it's super yummy. I nice appetizer that's easy to make, a real crowd pleaser and will seem like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours.
From "From the Lands of Figs and Olives" by Habeeb Salloum and James Peters
Yield: 1 cup
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons taheena (see recipe)
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place the lemon juice and taheena in a blender and blend for a moment; then set aside.
- Pit and peel the avocados and cut into pieces, then add them with the remaining ingredients — except the paprika — to the lemon juice/taheena mixture and blend into a smooth paste.
- Place on a flat serving platter and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Can be served as is, or chilled.