- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons taheena (see recipe)
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place the lemon juice and taheena in a blender and blend for a moment; then set aside.
- Pit and peel the avocados and cut into pieces, then add them with the remaining ingredients — except the paprika — to the lemon juice/taheena mixture and blend into a smooth paste.
- Place on a flat serving platter and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Can be served as is, or chilled.
NotesThis is a local avocado appetizer in Syria and Lebanon & it's super yummy. I nice appetizer that's easy to make, a real crowd pleaser and will seem like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours.
From "From the Lands of Figs and Olives" by Habeeb Salloum and James Peters
Yield: 1 cup
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More