- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried herb,dill or tarragon or any herb that you like
- 3 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- low fat yogurt for garnish
- Combine the milk and tarragon in a pot and bring to a simmer over moderate heat - do not boil. Remove from the heat and let sit for 1 hour. Add the avocados and puree in an electric blender or food processor. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chill until ready to serve. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary and serve with a dollop of yogurt.
- Serves 4
- so nice on a hot day served with a salad and some fresh french bread.
NotesI started buying avocados for the omega 3 and would just stick them in salads at first and then I widened out trying to come up with other recipes. The following recipe is a make over I found in a magazine.(can't remember which one)
but it called for 1/2 and 1/2 and fresh tarragon, but I tried other herbs.
I use 2% milk and find it creamy enough with all the fat.
so nice on a hot day served with a salad and some fresh french bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
culinary karmaSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More