- Preparation Time: 30
- dipping sauce:
- 3-4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind pulp(you can find this in a Mexican market, in the frozen fruit area)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- egg rolls:
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten
Stir together vinegars, tamarind, honey, and saffron in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute.
Stir until tamarind is dissolved.
In a blender, Puree tamarind mixture, cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, onions, sugar, pepper, and cumin.
Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in oil.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, and salt.
Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper.
Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you; fold the bottom corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with egg, roll up from side to side, fold top corner over all and press to seal.
Repeat with remaining wrappers.
Continue by deep-frying the egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
Drain on brown paper bags.
Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve with prepared dipping sauce!
RECIPE:Cheesecake Factory's Avocado Eggrolls
This is a copycat recipe I found on the web, and it is EXCELLENT!!!