Avocado-Herb Salad with Goat Cheese
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• Juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges for serving
• 2 avocados
• 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 Kirby cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1/4 cup torn fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 head Boston lettuce (or other tender greens), torn into pieces
• Flaky sea salt
• 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
• Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl.
• Halve and pit the avocados, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces; add to the bowl and toss.
• Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, chives and 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
• Gently toss until well combined.
• Place the lettuce in a large serving bowl.
• Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt; toss to coat.
• Spoon the avocado salad over the lettuce, top with the goat cheese and season with more sea salt.
• Serve with lemon wedges.
Pairs Well With
This salad was delicious and made for a beautiful presentation. I made it for my Book Club and everyone loved it.