- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- Avocado Ice Cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 avocados
- Finely−grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Put egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl and beat until thick. Put the light cream in a heavy−based
- saucepan, and heat to just below simmering point then beat into the egg yolks. Return to the rinsed pan
- and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the flesh from the avocados and purée with the orange zest and juice and put in a bowl. Beat
- in the cooled custard and fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into a container, cover and freeze until just
- becoming firm. Beat well in a bowl. Whip the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the
- avocado mixture. Spoon the mixture back into the container. Cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator. When serving, top each
- bowl of ice cream with a lemon slice.
Notesthis is my fav out of ice creams...i think it is the californian in me! from ice cream delights:
Simple Recipes that Work
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More