- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- Avocado Ice Cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 avocados
- Finely−grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Put egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl and beat until thick. Put the light cream in a heavy−based
- saucepan, and heat to just below simmering point then beat into the egg yolks. Return to the rinsed pan
- and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the flesh from the avocados and purée with the orange zest and juice and put in a bowl. Beat
- in the cooled custard and fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into a container, cover and freeze until just
- becoming firm. Beat well in a bowl. Whip the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the
- avocado mixture. Spoon the mixture back into the container. Cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator. When serving, top each
- bowl of ice cream with a lemon slice.
Notesthis is my fav out of ice creams...i think it is the californian in me! from ice cream delights: