- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, red or white, I used red
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped really fine
- 1 tomato, skinned and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 tbls miracle whip, or similar
- Peel and de-seed the avocados, sprinkle with lime juice to retard oxidation.
- 2. Combine onion, garlic, tomato & pepper in a bowl.
- 3. Add in the avocados, chopping them in roughly,
- 4. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, and mix in the miracle whip...stir this all around well, taste for seasoning
- 5. Carefully stir in the shrimp, taking care not to break them up.
- This may be made, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated for a few hours, then served on a bed of shredded romaine...be sure to shred the lettuce.
NotesAlthough summer is over, you can still enjoy the summer tastes in this light and rich salad. It tastes great, and is a different way of serving avocado, other than guacamole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More