- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAlthough summer is over, you can still enjoy the summer tastes in this light and rich salad. It tastes great, and is a different way of serving avocado, other than guacamole.
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, red or white, I used red
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped really fine
- 1 tomato, skinned and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 tbls miracle whip, or similar
- Peel and de-seed the avocados, sprinkle with lime juice to retard oxidation.
- 2. Combine onion, garlic, tomato & pepper in a bowl.
- 3. Add in the avocados, chopping them in roughly,
- 4. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, and mix in the miracle whip...stir this all around well, taste for seasoning
- 5. Carefully stir in the shrimp, taking care not to break them up.
- This may be made, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated for a few hours, then served on a bed of shredded romaine...be sure to shred the lettuce.