AVOCADO SHRIMP SALAD
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, red or white, I used red
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped really fine
- 1 tomato, skinned and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 tbls miracle whip, or similar
Peel and de-seed the avocados, sprinkle with lime juice to retard oxidation.
2. Combine onion, garlic, tomato & pepper in a bowl.
3. Add in the avocados, chopping them in roughly,
4. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, and mix in the miracle whip...stir this all around well, taste for seasoning
5. Carefully stir in the shrimp, taking care not to break them up.
This may be made, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated for a few hours, then served on a bed of shredded romaine...be sure to shred the lettuce.