- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 x Hard-cooked eggs *
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Strained fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 tbl Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Smoked whitefish
- 2 lrg Ripe avocados
- 12 x Strips of fresh red bell pepper or canned pimiento **
- * The yolks rubbed through a sieve and the whites finely chopped.
- ** each cut about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- In a deep bowl, mash the egg yolks and milk together with a spoon or table fork until they form a smooth paste. Add 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, the sugar and the salt.
- Then beat in the vegetable oil, a teaspoon or so at a time; make sure each addition is absorbed before adding more. Add the olive oil by teaspoonfuls, beating constantly. Stir the remaining lime juice into the sauce and taste for seasoning.
- With your fingers or a small knife, remove the skin from the fish and pick out any bones. Drop the fish into a bowl and flake it finely with a fork. Add the chopped egg whites and the sauce, and toss together gently but thoroughly.
- Just before serving, cut the avocados in half. With the tip of a small knife, loosen the seeds and lift them out. Remove any brown tissue like fibers clinging to the flesh.
- Spoon the fish mixture into the avocado halves, dividing it equally among them and mounding it slightly in the center. Arrange 3 strips of sweet pepper or pimiento diagonally across the top of each avocado and serve at once.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Summertime SippersSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More