- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 avocado
- 3 slices of bread (Note: I used Arnold Country White. When I'm "bad" I'm very very bad).
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Toast the bread. Slice the avocado in half, remove the flesh and place into a small bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork and spread onto the toasted bread.
- Sprinkle the toast with Red Pepper Flakes, salt and pepper, and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Read about more of my cooking adventures and mishaps at ErinCooks.com
NotesOver the last five weeks I've thrown out five avocados. How horrible is that! I feel guilty every time I have to toss the poor guys into the trash, but I just haven't been able to think of a anything to do with them other than possibly make guacamole...
Avocado Toast (Based on Dani's original recipe at Messy Cookin via Projectionist)
Makes 3 slices of delicious avocado topped bread
Read about more of my cooking adventures and mishaps at ErinCooks.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More