- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c flour 4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt 1 T sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 c grated tasty cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped 3 slices bacon
- 4 T butter 1 egg
- 1 c milk 1 avocado
- 1 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar large bowl and add the pepper, cheese and green onions.
- Stir to combine. Chop the bacon finely and cook in a pan or under the grill until crisp.
- Keep the bacon drippings.
- Melt the butter and add the egg, milk& bacon dripping and beat to combine. Halve the avocado, scoop out the flesh and cut into small cubes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Then add them to the liquid mixture.
- Add the bacon then mix into dry ingredients.
- Stir only to just combine. Put about 1/4 c of mixture into each sprayed or greased muffin cup.
- Bake approximately 10 mins or until the muffins spring back when pressed lightly in center. Makes either 24 mini or 12 medium muffins and serve them warm.