- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryGot this from one of my favorite grilling cookbooks --Weber's Real Grilling. I was looking for a grilled corn salsa and this absolutely fits the bill. They had it as an accompaniment to grill New York Steaks.
- 3 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Husk and drop the corn in boiling water. Time it for 7 minutes when the water comes back to a boil
- Toss corn ears with butter, salt and fresh ground pepper
- Grill over Direct High heat until generously browned on all sides. (Only a few minutes with a hot grill.)
- Allow corn to cool.
- Cut the kernels off the cobs and place in a medium bowl.
- Scrape the cobs with the back of a knife to release the milky juices.
- In a food processor or blender, puree half the kernels, all of the milky juices, and the garlic and then transfer the mixture back to the bowl with remaining corn kernels.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.