- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. Chicken Stock or broth
- 2 c. Water
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can rotel tomatoes and chiles
- 1 can corn, drained or 8 oz.
- frozen corn
- 1 c Mexican style rice
- 1 12 oz. can chicken, drained or 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and
- Toppings: Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Baked corn tortilla strips
- 1.) Combine all ingredients except for toppings.
- 2.) Stir well and simmer together for 45 minutes- 1 hour.
- 3.) Top with desired toppings and serve with tortillas, chips or cheese quesadillas (as pictured here)
- Soooo Yummy and Easy!!!!
NotesAbout a year ago, my husband took some of my tortilla soup to work with him for his lunch. Before he knew it, everyone around him had a spoon in hand wanting to try it and telling others how great it was! His office has officially labeled it their "award winner", lol...Soooo Yummy and Easy!!!!