- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lg sweet onion, chopped
- 4-6 cloves grarilc, chopped
- 4 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 28 oz cans diced or crushed tomatoes (just tomatoes, no herbs or seasoning)
- 2.5 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp salt
- .5 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- Brown beef and sausage in a large pot with onion and garlic. Drain.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, basil, water, salt, pepper, sugar, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil. Stir and lower heat to a slow simmer. Cook 3 to 4 hours.
NotesThis sauce has to simmer for several hours so it's best to make on a weekend. It freezes great! This is from "Causing a Stir".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More