- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- I will refer to the ingredients using the terms 'flour mixture' and 'sugar mixture' in the recipe :).
- Create these two mixtures in two separate and large bowls.
- Flour Mixture:
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sugar Mixture:
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp lowfat milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Before you start, make sure your oven rack is centered in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Get 2 bowls, one large, one small.
- Pour flour mixture into the large bowl.
- Pour sugar mixture into smaller bowl.
- Add melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg to sugar mixture. Mix well. Now add the milk. Mix well.
- Pour the wet sugar mixture into the larger bowl with the flour mixture. Mix with a large spoon.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick.
- Serve cookies with medium sized cookie scoop (about a large tablespoon's worth of dough) on a cookie sheet. Don't flatten the cookies, just gently press them so they're not a round ball but not a flat disc either :) (they come out dry if you flatten them too much). Spread cookie drops 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes at 350, let cool for 7-10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing from baking sheet (or they might break). Remove carefully with spatula. (Now repeat with the remaining dough :).
- Makes 14 cookies!
NotesI started a gluten-free diet a few months ago and have been experimenting with coming up with a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn't call for a stick of butter. I don't have a gallbladder so I can't digest large amounts of fat, but these came out super delish! You'd never guess that they're gluten-free :).
Food Travels Through Italy
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More