- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- I will refer to the ingredients using the terms 'flour mixture' and 'sugar mixture' in the recipe :).
- Create these two mixtures in two separate and large bowls.
- Flour Mixture:
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sugar Mixture:
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp lowfat milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Before you start, make sure your oven rack is centered in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Get 2 bowls, one large, one small.
- Pour flour mixture into the large bowl.
- Pour sugar mixture into smaller bowl.
- Add melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg to sugar mixture. Mix well. Now add the milk. Mix well.
- Pour the wet sugar mixture into the larger bowl with the flour mixture. Mix with a large spoon.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick.
- Serve cookies with medium sized cookie scoop (about a large tablespoon's worth of dough) on a cookie sheet. Don't flatten the cookies, just gently press them so they're not a round ball but not a flat disc either :) (they come out dry if you flatten them too much). Spread cookie drops 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes at 350, let cool for 7-10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing from baking sheet (or they might break). Remove carefully with spatula. (Now repeat with the remaining dough :).
- Makes 14 cookies!
NotesI started a gluten-free diet a few months ago and have been experimenting with coming up with a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn't call for a stick of butter. I don't have a gallbladder so I can't digest large amounts of fat, but these came out super delish! You'd never guess that they're gluten-free :).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More