- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread, cubed
- 3 3/4 cups white bread, cubed
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage (I use pork with sage)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 golden delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped (I omit)
- 3/4 cup turkey stock (or chicken stock)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Spread the white and whole wheat bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries, parsley, and liver. Drizzle with turkey stock and melted
- butter, and mix lightly. Spoon into turkey to loosely fill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More