AWSOME MEXICAN CHEESE DIP!
- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8-16oz of Chihuahua Cheese, its also called Mexican melting cheese, grated or chunked
- 8 oz of Chorizo, Mexican sausage.
- 1 bunch of Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- Milk 1/4 to 1/2 C. I eyeball it.
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium sauce pan, cook chorizo over medium heat, it cooks really fast, so don't walk away:)
- Remove from pan and drain onto paper towel.
- In the same medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat; slowly add butter to make a rue.
- When flour and butter are combined, slowly add 1/4 C of milk.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mix well and slowly add in cheese until melted, continue stirring making sure it doesn't burn on the bottom. Add more milk if needed.
- Add chorizo and mix well.
- Stir in cilantro and serve warm with chips!
NotesI made this dip up all on my own! When my husband and I went out to eat once they had this awesome cheese dip and I recreated it at home with my own twist. I get my ingredients at a Mexican market. I like the produce and prices better at my market. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More