- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: as big as you want
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2-3 B/S Chicken Breasts
- 1 Jar Mexican Crema (or 1 cup Sour Cream)
- 2 cups Mexican Oaxaca Cheese – Shredded (you can Mexican blend cheese)
- 1 jar Dona Maria’s Mole Sauce (in the Mexican section of your grocery store)
- 1 jar Nopales (in the Mexican section of your grocery store)
- (use French cut green beans if you don’t want to use the nopales)
- 1 cup frozen Corn kernels
- 1 can black beans
- 18-24 Corn Tortillas (6 inch)
- Corn Oil
- Fresh Parsley or epazote (in the produce section of your Mexican market)
- Boil the chicken breasts in water until cooked through. I usually add some mike to the water and a bay leaf. You can also use rotisserie chicken breasts. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and set aside.
- Prepare the mole sauce according to the directions on the jar. Add a bit less water tan required so you get a bit thicker sauce.
- Rinse the nopales and set aside. (if using the French green beans, thaw before using)
- Thaw the corn kernels and set aside.
- Rinse the black beans and set aside.
- Pour enough oil into a skillet so that you can cover a tortilla. Began frying the tortillas until they are crisp and slightly brown. Drain on a paper towel while you continue to fry the tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 13x9 glass baking dish, lay out some mole sauce and then cover with 4-5 tortillas. Put in some of the chicken, nopales, corn, cheese and beans. Drizzle with the crema and mole sauce. Repeat 3 times and cover with any remaining cheese and mole sauce.
- Bake until the cheese melts, 25-35 minutes and serve hot. Garnish with a final drizzle of crema and parsley.
NotesThis is a favorite that I learned from my husband. There are a few shortcuts, but in the end it tastes just great to me (though not as good as his mother's). It's a quick and fun way to explore the Mexican delicacy known as mole. This is not a dessert!
Submitted by: "James Madden"