- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 TB Butter, melted
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat or Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 TB Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, sliced
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 8 - 12 slices Thick-Cut Bacon, cooked and drained
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup botttled Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk mixture; stir just until combined (do not overbeat).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Immediately place in oven.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Loosen edges of pancake with a table knife or thin spatula.
- With a serrated knife carefully cut pancake into 12 equal-size portions.
- For each serving, place a pancake portion on a plate.
- Top with 1 or 2 tomato slices, a second pancake, lettuce, 2 slices bacon, and 1 tablespoon blue cheese salad dressing.
- Top with a third pancake.
- Add a cherry tomato on a skewer, if desired.
- Pass additional dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More