B.L.T. PASTA SOUP
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3/4 cup (about 5 oz.) RONZONI Alphabets, uncooked
- 3-1/2 cups (28-oz. can) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1-3/4 cups (14-1/2 oz. can) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped iceberg lettuce
- Toasted croutons (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
In medium saucepan, stir together tomatoes with juice, broth, water and pasta; heat to boiling.
Boil, stirring frequently to break up tomatoes, 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
Salt and pepper to taste.
In each bowl, place 1/3 cup lettuce; ladle 1 cup soup over top.
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crumbled bacon; top with croutons and mayonnaise, if desired.
Developed and Tested by the Ronzoni Kitchens