- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices French bread, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- 2 In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved bacon drippings, mayonnaise, vinegar and basil and let dressing stand, covered, at room temperature.
- 3 In a large skillet over medium heat, toss the bread pieces with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil, continue tossing and cook over medium-low heat until golden brown.
- 4 In a large bowl mix together the romaine, tomatoes, bacon and croutons. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Makes 4 servings
NotesSalad with all the things you love about the wonderful B.L.T. sandwich! You will make this again and again!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Fun appetizers and snacks
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More