- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySalad with all the things you love about the wonderful B.L.T. sandwich! You will make this again and again!
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices French bread, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- 2 In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved bacon drippings, mayonnaise, vinegar and basil and let dressing stand, covered, at room temperature.
- 3 In a large skillet over medium heat, toss the bread pieces with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil, continue tossing and cook over medium-low heat until golden brown.
- 4 In a large bowl mix together the romaine, tomatoes, bacon and croutons. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Makes 4 servings
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More