- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T. Butter, clarified
- 2 T. Flour, all-purpose or bread
- 2 C. Cream or half and half
- 1 t. Salt, kosher
- 1/2 t. Pepper, white
- 1/4 t. Nutmeg, fresh grated
- Melt the butter over very low heat, whisk in flour and stir for about a minute. Add roughly a quarter of the cream and whisk to blend, slowly add the remaining cream stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened, then add the vegetables. Cook a few more minutes before adding the tuna, pour sauce over noodles and mix well.
- 2 pieces sourdough bread, run in food processor or blender to make breadcrumbs
- 2 T. butter, melt and mixed with breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 C. Horseradish cheddar cheese, grated
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole, then sprinkle cheese over casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes in a preheated 350º oven. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- A. D. Di Liberti 2008
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More