- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T. Butter, clarified
- 2 T. Flour, all-purpose or bread
- 2 C. Cream or half and half
- 1 t. Salt, kosher
- 1/2 t. Pepper, white
- 1/4 t. Nutmeg, fresh grated
- Melt the butter over very low heat, whisk in flour and stir for about a minute. Add roughly a quarter of the cream and whisk to blend, slowly add the remaining cream stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened, then add the vegetables. Cook a few more minutes before adding the tuna, pour sauce over noodles and mix well.
- 2 pieces sourdough bread, run in food processor or blender to make breadcrumbs
- 2 T. butter, melt and mixed with breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 C. Horseradish cheddar cheese, grated
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole, then sprinkle cheese over casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes in a preheated 350º oven. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- A. D. Di Liberti 2008
Recipes for Vitality
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More