- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 300g flour
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 200g butter /margarine
- 2 tbsp syrup (we use Lyles Golden)
- 75g coconut flakes (dried)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Mix all ingredients
- Cover bowl and let stand in the fridge for a couple of hours... also fine over night.
- Then put the oven on 200°C
- Form equally small balls, like the size between a walnut and a hazelnut.
- Put on a baking sheet.
- Push a bit down with a fork.
- Bake one plate by one for ca 10 to 15 min, or until they smell delicious and are golden brown.
- Makes ca 4 to 5 pans.
- Cool on a rack and then put in a nice christmas tin and enjoy.
NotesHere are our classic first baked christmas cookies. I put in the Icelandic name that stands for "Husbands cookies" These are cookies that I grew up with. When my mom started baking those I knew Christmas time was coming! We played my favourtie christmas record for the first time and I was allowed to help in the kitchen that I really loved :) And they taste so delicious with a fresh cold milk.
So here is the recipie: :)
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More