- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 T. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain; reserve 1 T. drippings. Crumble bacon.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop zucchini pulp. Combine bacon, the choppped zucchini, onion, tomato, bread and salt and pepper with 1 T. bacon drippings in a bowl.
- Place zucchini shells in a 10x6-inch glass oven-proof baking dish. Stuff shells with bacon mixture. Top with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- MICROWAVE; Place bacon on bacon rack. Microcook at high power (100%) for 4 minutes. Proceed as above, covering with plastic wrap. Microcook at high power for 7 minutes or until tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More