- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. bacon (10 to 12 slices)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups bread crumbs or cubes (10 to 12 slices)
- 4 celery tops, chopped
- 1/2 cup giblets, cooked (or up to 1/2lb. ground meat or sausage, cooked and drained)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. summer savory (or poultry seasoning)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grape juice (not drink)
- 1/2 cup giblet or soup stock
- Brown bacon and drain.
- Cook onions in the hot bacon fat until clear. Drain off excess fat.
- Mix onions together with bread crumbs, celery, crumbled bacon, cooked, minced giblets (or cooked meat or sausage), and seasonings. Moisten with juice and stock.
- Stuff turkey loosely and roast.
- Makes enough for an eight- to 12-pound bird.
- Yield: 8 to 10 half-cup servings
NotesThis is nice when you want something other than a regular bread dressing or sausage dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More