- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. bacon (10 to 12 slices)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups bread crumbs or cubes (10 to 12 slices)
- 4 celery tops, chopped
- 1/2 cup giblets, cooked (or up to 1/2lb. ground meat or sausage, cooked and drained)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. summer savory (or poultry seasoning)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grape juice (not drink)
- 1/2 cup giblet or soup stock
- Brown bacon and drain.
- Cook onions in the hot bacon fat until clear. Drain off excess fat.
- Mix onions together with bread crumbs, celery, crumbled bacon, cooked, minced giblets (or cooked meat or sausage), and seasonings. Moisten with juice and stock.
- Stuff turkey loosely and roast.
- Makes enough for an eight- to 12-pound bird.
- Yield: 8 to 10 half-cup servings
NotesThis is nice when you want something other than a regular bread dressing or sausage dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More