- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYou can prepare the dressing up to three days ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Let the dressing come to room temperature before using.
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons good quality bagoong (sauteed shrimp paste)
- 2 large eggs, coddled (boiled gently for 2 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup store-bought garlic caesar dressing
- freshly-squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- Place the garlic, bagoong (shrimp paste) and coddled eggs in a medium bowl; mash together using dinner fork. Whisk in garlic caesar dressing, tabasco and lemon juice.
- In a large salad or glass bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing.
- Add the cheese and the chow mein noodles and toss again.
- Divide the salad and chow mein noodles onto individual salad bowls/plates and serve immediately, passing a pepper mill at the table.
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More