- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons good quality bagoong (sauteed shrimp paste)
- 2 large eggs, coddled (boiled gently for 2 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup store-bought garlic caesar dressing
- freshly-squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- Place the garlic, bagoong (shrimp paste) and coddled eggs in a medium bowl; mash together using dinner fork. Whisk in garlic caesar dressing, tabasco and lemon juice.
- In a large salad or glass bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing.
- Add the cheese and the chow mein noodles and toss again.
- Divide the salad and chow mein noodles onto individual salad bowls/plates and serve immediately, passing a pepper mill at the table.
NotesYou can prepare the dressing up to three days ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Let the dressing come to room temperature before using.