- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds fresh vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes, cut into
- 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (packed) freshly grated Romano cheese
- Two more ways to go: Add chopped fresh basil leaves and/or small
- cubes of mozzarella cheese. Or use yellow and green tomatoes
- with the red ones to add summer color.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat 2
- tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add
- garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion and
- sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to
- medium-low, and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chives; season with salt and pepper. Transfer tomato
- mixture to prepared baking dish; sprinkle grated cheeses over.
- Bake until cheese melts and begins to turn golden, about 20
- Makes 6 servings.
NotesThis dish is great as a side, on toasted baguette slices, as a zesty omelet filling, or atop grilled fish. Make sure the bread is whole wheat and go easy on the cheese and
this is Sonoma!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More