- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds fresh vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes, cut into
- 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (packed) freshly grated Romano cheese
- Two more ways to go: Add chopped fresh basil leaves and/or small
- cubes of mozzarella cheese. Or use yellow and green tomatoes
- with the red ones to add summer color.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat 2
- tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add
- garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion and
- sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to
- medium-low, and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chives; season with salt and pepper. Transfer tomato
- mixture to prepared baking dish; sprinkle grated cheeses over.
- Bake until cheese melts and begins to turn golden, about 20
- Makes 6 servings.
NotesThis dish is great as a side, on toasted baguette slices, as a zesty omelet filling, or atop grilled fish. Make sure the bread is whole wheat and go easy on the cheese and
this is Sonoma!!!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Naked Macaron
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More