BAKED LAMB AND EGGPLANT
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups of chopped blanched tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup raw long-grain rice
- Heat a little of the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Brown eggplant cubes in batches, adding more of the oil only as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Brown lamb cubes in the same skillet; remove to a platter.
- Sauté chopped onion and garlic until tender;
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, curry powder, thyme, and basil.
- Add lamb; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a 2-quart casserole, alternate layers of half of the eggplant, half of the lamb and tomato mixture, and half of the rice.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 55 to 65 minutes,
- or until rice is tender, stirring once during cooking time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More