- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large (approximately 2-1/2 pounds) potatoes, chopped (1/2 to 1-inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar, Swiss, or Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- broccoli florets OR cauliflower florets (slightly cooked), optional
- sour cream, optional
- In 2-1/2 quart microwave safe casserole dish: Stir together potatoes, onions, and 1/2 cup milk. Cover. Microwave on high 10 minutes. Stir. Microwave 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Partially mash potatoes, leaving some chunks.
- Mix cream cheese and butter, until smooth. Gradually add 3 cups milk. Pour over potato mixture. Microwave 3 to 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- NOTE 1: Microwave used was 1000 watts.
- NOTE 2: To peel or not to peel potatoes, your choice.
NotesThis yummy soup was entirely cooked in the microwave. It worked out perfectly in my 2-1/2 quart Corningware covered casserole dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Recipes for Vitality
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More