- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large (approximately 2-1/2 pounds) potatoes, chopped (1/2 to 1-inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar, Swiss, or Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- broccoli florets OR cauliflower florets (slightly cooked), optional
- sour cream, optional
- In 2-1/2 quart microwave safe casserole dish: Stir together potatoes, onions, and 1/2 cup milk. Cover. Microwave on high 10 minutes. Stir. Microwave 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Partially mash potatoes, leaving some chunks.
- Mix cream cheese and butter, until smooth. Gradually add 3 cups milk. Pour over potato mixture. Microwave 3 to 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- NOTE 1: Microwave used was 1000 watts.
- NOTE 2: To peel or not to peel potatoes, your choice.
NotesThis yummy soup was entirely cooked in the microwave. It worked out perfectly in my 2-1/2 quart Corningware covered casserole dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More