- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, pork, or turkey)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- Butter, for pan
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Add pasta; cook until slightly underdone.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain.
- Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon oil to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add meat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese.
- Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end.
- Spread 2 cups meat sauce on top of pasta, pushing it into holes.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese is pale golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge to loosen; unmold.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More