- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrom Self Magazine - Tori Amos' favorite recipe (they say)
- 1-inch cube fresh gingerroot, finely chopped or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 2 green onions (green part only), finely chopped
- Fresh chile to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp grapeseed (or safflower) oil
- Dash of toasted sesame oil
- Dash of soy sauce
- Dash of fish sauce
- 4 tsp dark maple syrup
- 4 fillets (4 oz each) fresh tilapia (or other firm-fleshed whitefish)
- 4 large banana leaves (or unbleached parchment paper)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a fillet on each banana leaf and divide topping evenly among them, spreading it over the top. Fold each banana leaf over to form a packet around each fillet and seal the edge of each packet with a small piece of aluminum foil, crimping it tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes.