- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 squares Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with electric mixer on low speed after each addition until well blended.
- Add vanilla; mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of the flour, the baking soda and salt; beat until well blended.
- Add remaining 2 cups flour alternately with water, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread with frosting. (I make the Baker's One-Bowl Chocolate Frosting recipe I've also posted.)
NotesThis recipe is from the makers of Baker's Chocolate. It's really easy and tastes great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More