- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- (*dutchmom4 used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups (I used 12), or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- TO BAKE AS CAKE:
- Make as directed, except pour batter into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan. (I used cinnamon sugar instead of flour.) Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
NotesThe Banana Crumb Muffins-Coffee Cake recipe, review, and hint (to bake as a coffee cake) were all found online. It has been a family favorite coffee cake ever since.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More