- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- (*dutchmom4 used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups (I used 12), or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- TO BAKE AS CAKE:
- Make as directed, except pour batter into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan. (I used cinnamon sugar instead of flour.) Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
NotesThe Banana Crumb Muffins-Coffee Cake recipe, review, and hint (to bake as a coffee cake) were all found online. It has been a family favorite coffee cake ever since.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More