- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 small to medium bananas
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease three mini-loaf pans.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and toasted pecans. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mash bananas; stir into bread batter. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool ten minutes before removing bread from pans.
NotesI had some very ripe bananas, but I wanted something a little different than banana bread. So, I added toasted pecans and blueberries to a basic banana bread recipe.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More