- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium bananas
- Eight 7 1/2-inch-square spring-roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 32 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Confectioners' sugar and cocoa, for dusting
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and halve each piece crosswise. Work with 1 wrapper at a time; cover the rest with a damp paper towel. Lay 1 wrapper on a work surface and lightly brush the edge with beaten egg white. Place a banana quarter 2 inches from the bottom of the wrapper and top it with 4 chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut. Fold the bottom edge over the filling and roll up 1 complete turn. Fold in the sides and continue rolling to form a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350°.
- Add 2 spring rolls at a time and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels. Dust the spring rolls with the sugar and cocoa and serve.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More