- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium bananas
- Eight 7 1/2-inch-square spring-roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 32 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Confectioners' sugar and cocoa, for dusting
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and halve each piece crosswise. Work with 1 wrapper at a time; cover the rest with a damp paper towel. Lay 1 wrapper on a work surface and lightly brush the edge with beaten egg white. Place a banana quarter 2 inches from the bottom of the wrapper and top it with 4 chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut. Fold the bottom edge over the filling and roll up 1 complete turn. Fold in the sides and continue rolling to form a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350°.
- Add 2 spring rolls at a time and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels. Dust the spring rolls with the sugar and cocoa and serve.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Sweet Roll Dough
Rosemary and goat cheese crostinis
Weiner-Bean CasseroleSee More