- Cooking Time: 45 - 50 minutes
- Servings: 12 - 16
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- BANANA POUND CAKE
- 1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 4 - 6 overripe bananas
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 T. Vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. When you put the cake in the oven, reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- Mix bananas, oil, eggs one at a time, till nice and liquid. I did not add any water or milk to this.
- Whisk the flour into the cake mix and add to the wet mixture, and beat for two minutes. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Bake in a tube pan prepared with Baker’s Joy till cake tester comes out clean. It took 48 minutes in my oven, but they vary, you know, so keep your eyes on it.
- Cool in pan on a rack, then turn out onto plate and frost with
- CREME CHEESE AND BUTTER FROSTING
- 4 ounces creme cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 T. Vanilla
- About one and a half cups powdered sugar
- If more liquid is needed,
- you can use milk, juice or liqueur a few drops at a time.
- I used Bailey’s Irish Creme, maybe a tablespoon.
- Spread over top and sides of cake.
- Store covered.
NotesThis is a riff on a "scratch" cake I used to make, but have not had time to unearth. I never said I had my recipes organized! I had bananas I didn't want to waste, and this was a good result.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
50 Shades of Taste
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More