- For the Wellingtons:
- 8 to 12 sheets of filo dough
- 4 bananas (ripe, but not too ripe)
- 3 cups chocolate chips, semisweet or white
- 1 1/2 cups salted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- For Topping:
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
Have all ingredients ready prior to removing the filo from the package.
Take two or three stacked sheets of filo dough and brush generously with melted butter. Place one banana on the dough, sprinkle with a handful of chocolate chips and about a 1/2 handful of pecans. Wrap the banana, chocolate and pecans up in a triangular shape and again, brush banana wellingtons generously with melted butter. Place on well greased pan and bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 15-20 minutes. Check often, you do not want to burn the filo! The filo should be a golden brown when removed.
Let cool for 5 or 10 minutes and then drizzle with melted chocolate and put a nice dollop of whipped cream on top.