- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the Wellingtons:
- 8 to 12 sheets of filo dough
- 4 bananas (ripe, but not too ripe)
- 3 cups chocolate chips, semisweet or white
- 1 1/2 cups salted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- For Topping:
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Have all ingredients ready prior to removing the filo from the package.
- Take two or three stacked sheets of filo dough and brush generously with melted butter. Place one banana on the dough, sprinkle with a handful of chocolate chips and about a 1/2 handful of pecans. Wrap the banana, chocolate and pecans up in a triangular shape and again, brush banana wellingtons generously with melted butter. Place on well greased pan and bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 15-20 minutes. Check often, you do not want to burn the filo! The filo should be a golden brown when removed.
- Let cool for 5 or 10 minutes and then drizzle with melted chocolate and put a nice dollop of whipped cream on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More