- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis long time family favorite is in the oven now. Banket Bars are so much easier than Banket (though I hope to make both).
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- ½ pound almond paste
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract/flavoring
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped nuts* (see note)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- Shred almond paste (or cut into small pieces). Cream margarine and almond paste.
- Mix in sugar, flavoring, and eggs. Beat well.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
- Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
- I use almonds. Shelled. Toasted in the oven. Cool. Chop and sprinkle on top of the bars.