- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- ½ pound almond paste
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract/flavoring
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped nuts* (see note)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- Shred almond paste (or cut into small pieces). Cream margarine and almond paste.
- Mix in sugar, flavoring, and eggs. Beat well.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
- Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
- I use almonds. Shelled. Toasted in the oven. Cool. Chop and sprinkle on top of the bars.
NotesThis long time family favorite is in the oven now. Banket Bars are so much easier than Banket (though I hope to make both).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More