- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups medium pearled barley, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried dill weed (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a heavy 3 quart to 3 1?2 quart casserole, melt butter.
- Stir in onion and barley; cook until browned. Add broth and dill, bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes until barley is tender.
- Makes about 6 cups.
NotesI love barley in soups and once had a casserole at a pot luck that was a mix of barley and wild rice. This doesn't have the wild rice but it is sort of the same taste to the one I tasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More