- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCabbage can be cut into almost any pasta shape. I do noodles for stroganoff,
Chinese noodles, lasagna, spaghetti and even vermicelli (if my knife is really
Cut cabbage into desired pasta shape. Put a pot of water on to boil. Add a
generous glop of heavy cream to water Return the water to a boil. Add cabbage and cook until tender.
Drain and rinse. The fat in the cream traps the taste and smell of cabbage so
what you are left with is a bland base for your sauces.
- 1 head of cabbage
- CHEESE FILLING
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry Basil
- 1/4 tsp Salt (check the parmesan first to see if it's really salty)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Cut rectangles about 3 inches by 6 inches from the thinnest part of a cabbage
- leaf. Boil as above. Fill with 1/2 T your filling or use this one.
- Mix all of the above and use 1/2 T at a time to fill cabbage rectangles. Fold
- sides of rectangle over filling and then roll up like cabbage rolls. Makes 2
- 1/4 C filling at 1.3 carbs for 10 ravioli. Place in baking dish with rolled
- side down and cover with tomato sauce. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until
- sauce is thick and bubbling.