- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups fresh basil, washed and patted dry
- 4 good sized garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly grated romano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the basil, garlic and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Leave motor running and add the olive oil in a slow stream.
- Shut the motor off, add the cheeses, salt and pepper. Process briefly to combine. Then scrape out of food processor into a bowl. Cover and refergerate until ready to use. Produces apx 2 cups, enough for 2 pounds of pasta.
NotesThis recipe was given to me a few years ago by my friend Amy. She is a great cook and I really enjoy this pesto. I make it often.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More