- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups fresh basil, washed and patted dry
- 4 good sized garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly grated romano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the basil, garlic and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Leave motor running and add the olive oil in a slow stream.
- Shut the motor off, add the cheeses, salt and pepper. Process briefly to combine. Then scrape out of food processor into a bowl. Cover and refergerate until ready to use. Produces apx 2 cups, enough for 2 pounds of pasta.
NotesThis recipe was given to me a few years ago by my friend Amy. She is a great cook and I really enjoy this pesto. I make it often.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More