- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups fresh basil, washed and patted dry
- 4 good sized garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly grated romano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the basil, garlic and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Leave motor running and add the olive oil in a slow stream.
- Shut the motor off, add the cheeses, salt and pepper. Process briefly to combine. Then scrape out of food processor into a bowl. Cover and refergerate until ready to use. Produces apx 2 cups, enough for 2 pounds of pasta.
NotesThis recipe was given to me a few years ago by my friend Amy. She is a great cook and I really enjoy this pesto. I make it often.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More