- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag frozen plain French fries or steak fries
- Plain flour
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 cups club soda
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- Prepare batter.
- Combine seasoning mixture and store in a tightly covered container.
- Allow 1 teaspoon seasoning or to taste for each cup of prepared batter.
- Without thawing, open bag of fries and dust them lightly but evenly in flour, letting them dry on waxed paper lined cookie sheet for a few
- Coat the floured fries evenly in the batter and fry in small portions at a time in 385°F oil at least 2 inches deep in pan.
- Turn fries once to brown evenly. Remove with tongs to drain on paper towel lined plate. Serve at once.
- The batter can be repeated as needed to coat the frozen fries
NotesOur local casino makes these and everyone who eats them loves them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More