- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOur local casino makes these and everyone who eats them loves them.
- 1 bag frozen plain French fries or steak fries
- Plain flour
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 cups club soda
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- Prepare batter.
- Combine seasoning mixture and store in a tightly covered container.
- Allow 1 teaspoon seasoning or to taste for each cup of prepared batter.
- Without thawing, open bag of fries and dust them lightly but evenly in flour, letting them dry on waxed paper lined cookie sheet for a few
- Coat the floured fries evenly in the batter and fry in small portions at a time in 385°F oil at least 2 inches deep in pan.
- Turn fries once to brown evenly. Remove with tongs to drain on paper towel lined plate. Serve at once.
- The batter can be repeated as needed to coat the frozen fries