- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds lean ground chuck or ground round
- 1 cup white bread crumbs -- (2 slices white bread)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large sweet onion -- chopped
- 8 tablespoons barbeque sauce -- divided use
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned. Remove the bacon from the skillet, drain, and crumble. In the remaining fat in the skillet, saute the onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly mix together the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, sauteed onion, reserved bacon pieces, 4 tablespoons of the barbeque sauce, worchestershire sauce, salt, and
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place in a large 2" deep baking pan. Spread the top of the loaf with the remaining 4 tablespoons of barbeque sauce.
- Bake until the loaf is firm, 60 to 75 minutes, or until done. Let the meatloaf stand in the baking dish for 10 minutes, then cut into slices to serve
NotesI got this recipe a couple years ago off the TOH BB. This is now my family's favorite meatloaf.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Short & Sweet
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More