- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds lean ground chuck or ground round
- 1 cup white bread crumbs -- (2 slices white bread)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large sweet onion -- chopped
- 8 tablespoons barbeque sauce -- divided use
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned. Remove the bacon from the skillet, drain, and crumble. In the remaining fat in the skillet, saute the onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly mix together the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, sauteed onion, reserved bacon pieces, 4 tablespoons of the barbeque sauce, worchestershire sauce, salt, and
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place in a large 2" deep baking pan. Spread the top of the loaf with the remaining 4 tablespoons of barbeque sauce.
- Bake until the loaf is firm, 60 to 75 minutes, or until done. Let the meatloaf stand in the baking dish for 10 minutes, then cut into slices to serve
NotesI got this recipe a couple years ago off the TOH BB. This is now my family's favorite meatloaf.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More