BBQ Bacon Squares
Why I Love This Recipe
Feel like pizza but something different? Here's a recipe that will be a step up from the usual pizza in a box.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
3/4 cup BBQ (or less to taste)
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly sprinkle a rectangle baking sheet with flour or cornmeal.
3. Unroll pizza crust onto baking stone. Roll to edge of baking sheet.
4. Spread BBQ sauce over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
5. Sprinkle water chestnuts and bacon over sauce.
6. Grate cheese evenly over pizza.
7. Bake 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
8. Snip parsley & sprinkle over pizza. Cut into squares & serve.
** try adding cooked chicken breast for something meatier!**