- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 5 oz elbow macaroni, cooked according to package instructions, drained
- 1 cup cooked beef, shredded or cubed
- 3 TB butter
- 3 TB flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Uncle Gary's Gourmet Candied Jalapeno BBQ Sauce (or your favorite)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (or to taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375' F. Spray an 8" round or square oven safe dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the dish. Toss in the cooked beef and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over a medium low heat. Whisk in the flour and continue whisking for a few minutes. Don't let the flour get too brown. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream, beef broth and BBQ sauce. Continue to whisk until the sauce thickens. Don't let this happen too quickly...you want to cook out the flour taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses and stir until melted
- Pour the sauce over the pasta beef mixture and stir until combined.
- Top with the smoked Gouda and cracker crumbs. Place the dish on a baking sheet...just in case it bubbles over.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes than serve.
NotesIt all started when I received a jar of Uncle Gary's Gourmet Candied Jalapeno BBQ Sauce. I wanted to try the sauce in something out of the ordinary. I mean, I knew it would be great on the standard ribs or chicken. And now I know that it's amazing in Mac 'N Cheese!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More