- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 - 6 Servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWaaaaay back when....before my husband and I got married, a woman at work brought in something like this for her lunch (her leftovers from the previous nights dinner). They looked and smelled so darn good but when I asked her for the recipe she just laughed and said "I don't know, I just throw it together" and laughed at me like I was some silly child. Ok, so maybe I was but now I'm a silly grown up and I figured out my own way to make them and over 20 yrs later, I still make this as a simple, tasty main dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (plus more for topping)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste (about a teaspoon)
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine the ground beef, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Divide and form into 6 patties
- Cook in a hot skillet until desired doneness (I usually do mine well done. With the BBQ sauce in there, they stay real moist), flipping once.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and let melt (be careful cuz the cheese will make a mess in your pan if it over melts)
- Just before serving, poor more BBQ sauce over the top.